10 years Solar project development experience at Director level from land acquisition to financial close for distributed generation and utility scale solar.
Deep understanding of the Australian & African renewable energy markets.
5 years as managing director of solar manufacturing companies.
Thirteen years International Business Development experience in the following sectors:
- Solar energy, Renewables, Energy, Photovoltaic, Smart grid, Mini-grid, battery storage systems.
- Corporate IT services solutions.
Telecommunications, Government, Financial verticals
- Financial close of the Sunmetals 150MW Solar plant in Queensland, Australia
- Development & engineering of 1,2MW Solar tracking solution for Solarshare community (Canberra) Australia
- Financial close of a 50MW PV/Diesel Solar hybrid project for large mine in Tanzania
- Designing project spec
- Setup PV Module reseller sales channel in Sub-Saharan Africa for Canadian Solar including Namibia, Zambia, Ghana, Tanzania, Mauritius and Kenya.
- Founded AEG Power Solutions in South Africa, built a world class factory employing some 15 staff. Secured over 200mW of REIPPP business to the value of R300mil. Sold the business to African Capital Investments for an undisclosed sum.
- Founded SCS Cape Town and successfully grew the business for a BEE IT company called SCS, focusing on corporate governance, Risk and Compliance.
- Developed a new business portfolio within the IT managed services offering for Hewlett Packard, South Africa
- Solar project development
- Corporate strategy development
- International business development
- Strong contractual and financial bankability experience
- Strong marketeer with startup experience.